Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What a great way to start my first full day in Ok.

(I just got internet in my home, so sorry of the lack of posting)

Written on Sat 10-16-09

I went to my first (that I can remember) rodeo. And it was not just any rodeo, it was a United Methodist rodeo, complete with clogging and 20 year old hoses named Old Fred. Down the road, past Tenkilles Lake, over the dam, we came to a UM Boys Ranch. That ranch, at one point, had been a fully functioning ranch but has expanded to include many different programs. From what I could gather, the rodeo was a fund razor for the ranches ministries.


After the rodeo, Ester, my housemate, and I went to Meri's home to visit and have dinner. Meri is the director of the Cookson Mission. At Meri's, which we literately needed to go over the river and though the woods to get to, I was immediately welcomed into the Cookson family. I even helped to fed the horses.


I feel that I am on the edge of something God has in store; that will just broaden my horizons and take me out of my confront zone. I will admit I am nervous and excited at the same time.


Thanks be to God: I managed to drive 23 hours to Cookson, Oklahoma from Stony Point, NY without any major compilations. I did get a little turned around once I got of 44 (which, by the way, the speed limit is 75mph). I found each hotel with out any trouble and managed to get 30 miles to the gallon at one point. I was very amused to read all the billboards on the way, because in MA there are hardly any on the highways.

No comments:

Post a Comment