Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The power of words

Written while at Orientation in Stony Point, NY


We have been taking time each day to quite ourselves either at the beginning of the day or at the end of the day. At this time we are to let the Holly Spirit bring us to a word on which to focus. I have never put much consideration towards how much power everyday words hold.

As part of our training we were taught how to write a working credo. So going with the spirit of things I used words to create my credo. All the words are centered around my name to reminded me these are words I believe in and wish to demonstrate in my life. They are in no particular order, so not to elevate one value over another, with the exception of Joy, Unconditional Love, and Grace. Joy reminds me of something my mom said: Joy is an acronym for Jesus, Others, and Yourself. So I put it firsts, not just because it was one of the few J words, but because it reminds me of my mothers definition of faith. Also it is a short word that demonstrates seeking pleasure in simple things that come from Jesus, others and yourself. Unconditional love is in the center, the beginning of my middle name, because every word surrounds it and I believe all actions should revolve around and grow with love. All actions are rooted in grace and my credo is supported by the word grace therefore it is on the bottom like an anchor.

My Credo

Joy

storiEs

geNerosity

reflectioN

faIth

Family

laughtEr

tRust


unconDitional love

flexIbility

indulge A little

sileNce

understaNding

forgivenEss


Charity

Hope

servIce

Community

Kind words

justicE

Respect

God's chIldren


patieNce

Grace



My Credo can be summed up in one sentience: Life begins with joy, grows with love, and is rooted in grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment